May 19, 2013
Adrian and Sergey have been recovering in BC for a day now, while our Sherpa team have cleaned all camps down to C2 and will finish up at C1 today. They'll be heading through the Icefall and in BC ready for a celebratory party in the Zebra Den tonight! Everyone is thrilled with their magnificent summit day and the expedition in general. Their decision to skip Lhotse was solidified by the...01 Comment Write a Comment
May 18, 2013
A quick update has come in letting us know that Adrian, Sergey, and our 4 Alpengow Sherpa summited in perfect conditions at 7:45 this morning with warm temperatures and not many others on the route and summit. They are now safely down to the South Col and have decided that they will continue down the mountain rather than make a summit attempt on Lhotse. The conditions in the Couloir and on the...02 Comments Write a Comment
May 17, 2013
Summit Push....Day 4. Holding! There was no summit attempt last night. At 2am, I spoke to Adrian on the radio....the winds at the South Col were in excess of 80km/h and on the summit ridge they were well over 100km/h. Adrian decided to wait until 4am to see if there was any improvement, but at 0445 the winds were the same or stronger and almost all of the teams that had left earlier in the night...01 Comment Write a Comment
May 16, 2013
Just off a quick call from a VERY relaxed sounding Adrian, checking in from the South Col. He and Sergey have settled in and plan to depart for the summit of Everest around 2am. The winds are a bit higher than what's ideal, but manageable, and they are timing their climb to be on the summit before it picks up later in the morning. There are only a few other teams planning on the same summit day,...
none00 Comments Write a Comment
May 15, 2013
Summit Push: Day 3. First things first: Adrian and Sergey are well on their way to the South Col, they are both feeling well and climbing well. The Sherpa are ahead of them, also doing well; they have arrived at a very windy South Col to get the tents up and ready for the others to arrive. Conditions on the mountain are good...for climbing; wind is gusty (as we were led to expect by the forecast...
Adrian Ballinger, Alpenglow Expeditions, Climbing, Everest, Summit push, Tallest Mountain in the World02 Comments Write a Comment